Monday, June 11, 2007

Suggestion

I took your advice. After all this time, I contacted the local BDSM group here.

After being cleared as a non-threatening potential attendee at the coffee gathering the evening before, I attended my very first public play party this weekend. All of my forays in this area to date have been within personal relationships - no general meet and greets or parties before this.

Apparently my version of "slutting it up", which is how my inquiry regarding appropriate dress for these parties was answered, is a little stronger than some others. The corset and tiny black skirt, topped off (or is that bottomed out?) with the black thigh highs and skanky dancer Mary Janes seemed to make quite an impression. I was touched by the friendliness and neutrality regarding other people's interests or proclivities. There were a couple of other new attendees, both men who weren't sure which side of the fence they were going to land on, or if indeed it was going to be one in particular. The two of them seemed obviously uncomfortable and nervous. It felt a little odd swinging into hostess mode to help ease them into feeling more welcomed and part of the group when I was myself completely new. The most amusing part for me was being tagged as a dominant until I clarified my true disposition when asked.

There was no playing for me of course, being both dom-less and on good behavior (grin) for this introductory session. The club directors were very sweet; they kept checking in with me to see if I was being "freaked out" by anything. They never seemed to quite believe me that I was perfectly fine being surrounded by a naked, hooded man or asses smacked raw or backs being cut by single-tails. As a matter of fact, I ended up having to leave before the purported "best scene" got much past the warm-up simply because I was tired and couldn't stop yawning. Even propping myself up against the elevated slave post didn't keep my eyes from drooping.

How perverse is that?

No comments: